[SF314-54G] 0% available (plugged in, not charging)

hwi
hwi Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My SF314-54G was working fine just yesterday but today, it suddenly shut down while I was using it. It would not turn on unless I charged it. When it turned on, it showed “0% available (plugged in, not charging)”. I have tried all the solutions I could find online like using the battery reset button, power on again, but to no avail... I hope there is a way I can fix this, if not the only way I can use it is to use while charging it :(

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Did you do the full procedure for a battery reset? Disconnect power, press and hold the reset for 15-30 seconds, release and wait 15-30 minutes, plug in and wait again for full charge indication, then power up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hwi
    billsey said:
    Did you do the full procedure for a battery reset? Disconnect power, press and hold the reset for 15-30 seconds, release and wait 15-30 minutes, plug in and wait again for full charge indication, then power up.
    yes, I did the full procedure 2-3 times already but I have a problem when I reached to the part where you plug in and wait for full charge. when I plug in, the battery indicator is already blue. that means full charge right? when I power on, the same thing is still happening😔 0% available plugged in not charging...
  • billsey
    It's less likely to work, but try deleting the battery entries in Device Manager and rebooting without reinstalling them. The system will reinstall during the restart and if they are corrupted that might fix it. If that does nothing it's best to contact Acer support to see what they say.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ZackeryBinks
    ZackeryBinks Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this same problem, and I have to go in to the device manager and delete the 2 battery drivers, then shut down the laptop, and take the back off. unplug the battery, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and boot it back up. That works for me (I have the Nitro 7 laptop) the only problem is a couple days, or a week or so later, it does the same thing.
  • hwi
    billsey said:
    It's less likely to work, but try deleting the battery entries in Device Manager and rebooting without reinstalling them. The system will reinstall during the restart and if they are corrupted that might fix it. If that does nothing it's best to contact Acer support to see what they say.

tried that and still does nothing☹️ I will contact Acer support then, thank you so much!
  • hwi
    I have this same problem, and I have to go in to the device manager and delete the 2 battery drivers, then shut down the laptop, and take the back off. unplug the battery, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and boot it back up. That works for me (I have the Nitro 7 laptop) the only problem is a couple days, or a week or so later, it does the same thing.

unfortunately, that didn’t work for me😔 but thank you so much for your suggestion! I will just contact Acer support for help
  • billsey
    Let us know what they find.