Acer Swift 3 (SF314-52G-56AL) No Display

TanChor
TanChor Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a Acer Swift 3 (SF314-52G-56AL) with No Display (On LED screen or on external monitor).  The problem is traced to a 5-pin IC next to the display connector.  Please refer to the circled object in the image.  The 5-pin IC is burnt with the top opened.  Please let me know if anyone knows the specification of this 5-Pin IC.  I know how to replace it if I can get the IC.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Unfortunately they don't publish schematics for their models. It looks to me like a voltage regulator (due to the 5 pin layout), but no hint as to which one. I gather you are out of warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TanChor
    It could be a regulator or a load switch.  Actually, the set is still under warranty, but Acer refuse to repair it because it was caused by corrosion as a result of water seapage. Anyone who knows the chip part number will be of great help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yeah, water could have easily shorted those pins... I just opened my Swift 3, but it's an older version (SF313-51) and the MB isn't even close to the same, so I can't make any more educated guesses.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TanChor
    Thank you Billsey for opening the laptop to check.  There are many variations of swift 3.  I appreciate your effort.  SF314-52G is the 14" Display with Graphic accelerator.