Have to queue for a refund? Joking right? Nope

CallumG
CallumG Member Posts: 1 New User
From the beginning I guess,

Monday 18th May I placed an order for a gaming laptop in specific terms (Acer Predator Helios 300) everything seemed to be normal with the product being In Stock showed on there website but unfortunately this is where the good experience from Acer ends.

Tuesday 19th May was uneventful with no update in my orders progress, no email, no phone call but a lovely withdrawal pending on my bank account...... On there UK main website it states there will be a time for processing my order as I would of expected so no problem there.

Until on Wednesday 20th May I had to call Customer Support on several occasions for them to send me another email to verify my proof of identification for some reason??? I proceeded (wish I didn't) prior to me ringing they 'hand on my heart' seemed in no rush to process my order even though they had a pending withdrawal on my bank account!!!

Another day went past with a lot of effort and chasing my order with no further update until you constantly have to call them

Thursday 21st May, take a guess? You've got it.... No more updates ( no email, no phone call -nothing) at this point the order was still in processing stage even though I paid for Express which may I add occurs additional charges.... So come midday on that afternoon I chased Acer Customer Support againnnn, only to be informed that the item at the time was NO LONGER IN STOCK and was given no time frame what so ever at all when the item I ordered would be back in stock, I was offered to amend my order or for a cancellation, I chose the option to cancel my order after an incredible amount of hassle over the past 4 days to try and get them to process my order which now I've been told 4 DAYS LATER isn't in stock...... !!!! 

(Today) Friday 20th May, I am still waiting for my order form to change to cancelled or refunded, but instead it still says In Process ( to send me the item THEY DONT HAVE ), this will come as no suprise to anyone that has read this far, no cancellation email, no returned phone call, no update, but still seem to like the idea of holding onto there customers money with no rush of returning it ...

I suggest if anyone from Acer sees my post they do the sensible thing and give me an update on where my large sum of money is and send me a cancellation email or change my order form to cancelled/refund in process.

Thanks I guess... with a huge doubt that anything will even change and for the record to add to this I've also contacted my bank twice on the Fraud department for them to stop the pending transaction and return my money so I CAN TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE CONSIDERING BUYING FROM ACER DO THE SAME.

Comments

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Hi @CallumG,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please understand Acer community is a peer to peer support and does not hold information related to orders. 

We request you to keep trying directly with the UK store or support channels locally for assistance.

Store- https://uk-store.acer.com/contacts
    Support - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact 

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    CallumG said:
    From the beginning I guess,

Monday 18th May I placed an order for a gaming laptop in specific terms (Acer Predator Helios 300) everything seemed to be normal with the product being In Stock showed on there website but unfortunately this is where the good experience from Acer ends.

Tuesday 19th May was uneventful with no update in my orders progress, no email, no phone call but a lovely withdrawal pending on my bank account...... On there UK main website it states there will be a time for processing my order as I would of expected so no problem there.

Until on Wednesday 20th May I had to call Customer Support on several occasions for them to send me another email to verify my proof of identification for some reason??? I proceeded (wish I didn't) prior to me ringing they 'hand on my heart' seemed in no rush to process my order even though they had a pending withdrawal on my bank account!!!

Another day went past with a lot of effort and chasing my order with no further update until you constantly have to call them

Thursday 21st May, take a guess? You've got it.... No more updates ( no email, no phone call -nothing) at this point the order was still in processing stage even though I paid for Express which may I add occurs additional charges.... So come midday on that afternoon I chased Acer Customer Support againnnn, only to be informed that the item at the time was NO LONGER IN STOCK and was given no time frame what so ever at all when the item I ordered would be back in stock, I was offered to amend my order or for a cancellation, I chose the option to cancel my order after an incredible amount of hassle over the past 4 days to try and get them to process my order which now I've been told 4 DAYS LATER isn't in stock...... !!!! 

(Today) Friday 20th May, I am still waiting for my order form to change to cancelled or refunded, but instead it still says In Process ( to send me the item THEY DONT HAVE ), this will come as no suprise to anyone that has read this far, no cancellation email, no returned phone call, no update, but still seem to like the idea of holding onto there customers money with no rush of returning it ...

I suggest if anyone from Acer sees my post they do the sensible thing and give me an update on where my large sum of money is and send me a cancellation email or change my order form to cancelled/refund in process.

Thanks I guess... with a huge doubt that anything will even change and for the record to add to this I've also contacted my bank twice on the Fraud department for them to stop the pending transaction and return my money so I CAN TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE CONSIDERING BUYING FROM ACER DO THE SAME.
    Hi CallumG,

We are sorry you are having this issue. Can you kindly send me a pm with a copy of the emails so I can further assist you, if the issue still not resolved.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
This discussion has been closed.