swift 5 unable to reset to factory partition .. still initialising

REDHAWK1944
REDHAWK1944 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
hi i've got a swift 5 the care centre has been broken for sometime. . its "initialising constantly: i googled it and found some folk suggesting older versions that didn't work. I also read there was some of sort of vulnerability and acer might have broken it but updating it.

Anyyway my problem is I want to reset to the default operating system on the back up partition, the alt F10 gives me an option to reset but its still the previous OS.  I want to go back to windows 10 home as battery life seems terrible with pro (im not sure why).

Anyway how do I reset back to the factory settings without care centre.

Google so far drawing a blank

thanks in advance guys

model number: SF514-53T-5446 (its asian)
i5 eight gen
8GB of ram 
512MB SSD

Answers

• REDHAWK1944

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    So I actually got the care centre working don't ask me how, now in recovery  management i get the following options reset the pc or restart with a brand new version of windows, the problem is .. ive tried them both and neither of them are installing the factory version in the back up partition they keep installing a new clean version of windows pro. In the meantime i can literally watch my battery count down .. .its very annoying 

How to get to my backup partition and the original windows 10 home?

anyone got an idea ?

it should be added that the care centre just points you to the relevent areas in windows and doesnt actually do anything itself.
  • REDHAWK1944

Tinkerer

Basically how can i install from this recovery partition is there a way to access it?
  • You backed up the operating system through the acer care center as soon as you purchased the notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Yes, when you upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, that partition was rewritten, so you can't use it to restore to factory defaults. Acer sells a recovery image in their store if you are in the US or Canada, and that will get it fully back to factory. You are supposed to create one yourself when the computer is new, but almost no one does...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • REDHAWK1944

Tinkerer

I didn't upgrade to windows pro, I did a clean install over it in the main C: partition, this not touching the backup partition ... or did I? Please advise whether this is the case or not?? I'm not an expert on partition management, though i was born in the dos era.
  • In this case, when doing a new installation, the home edition version must be installed automatically, because the serial that is recorded in the bios, is usually for the home edition version. What you can do is follow the suggestion of colleague @billsey.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)