NEED HELP LOWERING MY TEMPS USING UNDERVOLTING

Options
PedroRamos284
PedroRamos284 Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I tried a preset from red sands, the one for my CPU which is the i7 8750H, I have 16gb Ram and Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB, these were my temps after playing ghost recon wildans, can someone help me undervolting my laptop to get better results?? please?

pictures: https://imgur.com/a/jyifpjG

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    What is your computer model? Are those temps in the taskbar from Real Temp? As what you are showing are normal temps e.g. 62c, 60c, 13c and your computer is not overheating and you don't need undervolting, the popup temps are what Real Temp (or whatever temp software you have?) is set to and is a notification that the system is set to a Min 51c and a Max 99c when the computer will turn off if 99c temp will be reached and it will be turned off, in the PredatorSense the CPU of 63c and GPU of 60c are very good temps and normal. You can undervolt your cpu/gpu but with the temps that you have shown it would be unproductive and really a waste of performance to undervolt. 
  • PedroRamos284
    PedroRamos284 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    What is your computer model? Are those temps in the taskbar from Real Temp? As what you are showing are normal temps e.g. 62c, 60c, 13c and your computer is not overheating and you don't need undervolting, the popup temps are what Real Temp (or whatever temp software you have?) is set to and is a notification that the system is set to a Min 51c and a Max 99c when the computer will turn off if 99c temp will be reached and it will be turned off, in the PredatorSense the CPU of 63c and GPU of 60c are very good temps and normal. You can undervolt your cpu/gpu but with the temps that you have shown it would be unproductive and really a waste of performance to undervolt. 

StevenGen said:
     No look at the picture again, my temperature reached 90, and 96, 99 at multiple times, it also feels extremely hot, now I don't want to replace thermal paste yet, but I definitely need to undervolt it, 20 minutes into wildlands and temperature goes to 90, I use PredatorSense, Hwinfo64, and a throttle stop preset from red sand but the preset didn't work at all, my model is an Acer Nitro 5 i7 8750H, Geforce 1060 6gb and 16gb of Ram, its a NG-AN515-52-5547, it is an acer nitro with the specs of a predator helios 300. I need help :/