Aspire E15 doesn't wake up from sleep there is a power light and keyboard light but not turn on

Options
mabelpines
mabelpines Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops
My Acer Aspire E 15, with Windows 10, doesn't wake up from sleep. The power light remains on, and sometimes the keyboard is lighted too, but the screen is blank. I have to do a hard reset by holding down the power button until the power light goes off. This has been a problem since I purchased the laptop. This is so frustrating, what should I do?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Change all settings on battery or plugged in to sleep only, none to hibernate, shutdown or turn off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Valor
    Valor Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm having the same exact issue as o.p., excthis only started happening recently, within the past 1-2 months.  I've had the computer for over a year and never had this problem until recently.  So it's likely a Windows update bug that needs to be fixed by Microsoft.

Mine is Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H
    BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.49, 12/11/2018
    Anyone have a permanent or at least long-term solution?  I already tried the powercfg -h off/on thing.

• Jason_Bourne
    Jason_Bourne Member Posts: 113 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My Acer Aspire E 15, with Windows 10, doesn't wake up from sleep. The power light remains on, and sometimes the keyboard is lighted too, but the screen is blank. I have to do a hard reset by holding down the power button until the power light goes off. This has been a problem since I purchased the laptop. This is so frustrating, what should I do?
    Valor said:
    I'm having the same exact issue as o.p., excthis only started happening recently, within the past 1-2 months.  I've had the computer for over a year and never had this problem until recently.  So it's likely a Windows update bug that needs to be fixed by Microsoft.

Mine is Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H
    BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.49, 12/11/2018
    Anyone have a permanent or at least long-term solution?  I already tried the powercfg -h off/on thing.

Disable screen auto-turning off from power settings (not sleep), restart and see if your sleep problem is solved :)

• mad_juju
    mad_juju Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

You need to reinstall the original Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (or applicable driver) from the Acer drivers website. Make sure you search by your model number or SNID. Do not install any unsupported Intel graphics updates as it looks like Acer is no longer supporting our laptop model. Unfortunately we can't take advantage of these new updates without the risk of things breaking, since Acer isn't supporting them.