Black screen after BIOS update

I updated the bios in the notebook Acer Aspire M5 582pt, and installed Win10.

When i try to turn it on, the power LED is up, but doesn't show anything on screen.
Also i noticed that when i remove the Ram, try to turn on, it happens the same, but when i put it again and try to turn, it works.

Can i reinstall BIOS? I'm not able to do this on Windows, but can i do it another way?
I already tested with another RAM, and it happens the same thing.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning DimitriChinaqui !

First, why the Bios update?

Bios updates are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or due to extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Otherwise, it must be avoided.

Devices will not boot without RAM installed.

Access Bios, then press F9 and then F10.
    Save and restart.

Se minha resposta foi Ăştil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DimitriChinaqui
    DimitriChinaqui Member Posts: 5 New User
    I had an issue with another notebook with Win10 Compatibility that i needed to update BIOS, i did it to avoid that kind of problem.

This notebook have 2GB of RAM in the motherboard, with a total of 6GB.
    When i was removing and putting again the 4GB RAM, it was booting. after i set the bios setup defaults, it's happening the opposite, it's booting only without the 4GB RAM. but when i restart, it doesn't boot, then i have to do it again.

• DimitriChinaqui
    now it doesn't boot anymore 
  • DimitriChinaqui
    could i do a downgrade on BIOS?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Downgrade, in addition to not being a permitted procedure, violates the warranty and aidan may render the device totally unusable.

Se minha resposta foi Ăştil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DimitriChinaqui
    What can i do to solve this then?
  • Jason23
    Jason23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I need help pls

I changed my VRAM in bios and nu my laptop is showing a black screen
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What am I missing ? " I updated the bios in the notebook Acer Aspire M5 582pt, and installed Win10."  as it was working after the bios update but at after or during the WIN10 installation ? Seems like a Windows update problem ?