Laptop Overheating While Gaming? - Concept D7 - Model CN715-71-7429. Processor i7-9750H

RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
I have been gaming a good bit on my new Concept D7 and the CPU heats up to 91 degrees celsius which I am told is much too hot for such a device and will significantly shorten the life of the machine. I bought a 2 fan cooling tablet to put underneath it but it seems to make zero difference. Any advice would be much appreciated. Is this a problem or not? I've seen various forums with conflicting information. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning RolandOfGilead !

The maximum safe TDP for this model's processor is 100ºC
    So these values are already very close.
    Do you use an external mouse and keyboard kit?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• RolandOfGilead

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning RolandOfGilead !

The maximum safe TDP for this model's processor is 100ºC
    So these values are already very close.
    Do you use an external mouse and keyboard kit

Thanks, McClane. Well, it typically hovers around 80-90. I use a wired mouse and the inbuilt keyboard.

So, up to 100 degrees Celsius is ok for this model but not for others?

Cheers
  • MaClane
    In no way can their temperatures remain as they are not even reaching 100ºC
    It should download as soon as possible.
    Starting by purchasing an external keyboard.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• RolandOfGilead

Tinkerer

MaClane said:

I'm sorry, I appreciate your answer but I don't understand what you're trying to say.
  • RolandOfGilead

Tinkerer

MaClane said:

I'm sorry, I appreciate your answer but I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    Oh, hang on. You're saying the temperatures cannot remain this high? Is it a fault with the machine? I mean, I would have expected a €2600 laptop to handle these kinds of things. Was this an unrealistic expectation?
  • MaClane
    The temperatures you reported are not safe if they always remain at those levels.
    You should look for other ways to lower temperatures.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Typical laptop temperatures run 40-60°C when idle and as high as 95°C when in an intensive game. When the temperature reach 100°C the system will shut down automatically in order to keep from damage. If you are running consistently at 90°C+ even when not gaming, you might have a hardware issue that needs to be addressed (like poor thermal conductivity between CPU and heatsink). If you are finding temperatures of 70-80°C when using low stress games and 90°C when running high stress games things are working as they should and you don't need to worry.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RolandOfGilead

Tinkerer

Typical laptop temperatures run 40-60°C when idle and as high as 95°C when in an intensive game. When the temperature reach 100°C the system will shut down automatically in order to keep from damage. If you are running consistently at 90°C+ even when not gaming, you might have a hardware issue that needs to be addressed (like poor thermal conductivity between CPU and heatsink). If you are finding temperatures of 70-80°C when using low stress games and 90°C when running high stress games things are working as they should and you don't need

Ah, that’s good to hear. I knocked 10 degrees off it by changing some graphics settings so now it’s generally around 75-80 in a fairly heavy game, so I guess all’s well.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Yes, sounds like you have it sorted then.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Antonggold
    Antonggold Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

You need to undervolt the cpu. Use intel extreme utility. Start from -0,120