Bootable Drive not apperaing in BIOS

n80thegr80
n80thegr80 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I'm experiencing an issue I have seen listed countless times and tried every single solution I've found but to no avail. I have a small SSD that I want to install Windows on and boot off of it, and then clear my internal HDD for storage. I created a Windows boot USB but it doesn't show up in the BIOS or let me install anything to the SSD. I tried the f12 menu it's in ACHI mode, I remove the HDD drive, I've done literally everything every ACER forum has said but nothing has worked please help. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    How did you make the bootable Windows stick? Is it designed to boot from a Legacy BIOS, UEFI boostrapper or both? It would help to know what ACER model you have? Also what Windows version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• n80thegr80
    JackE said:
    How did you make the bootable Windows stick? Is it designed to boot from a Legacy BIOS, UEFI boostrapper or both? It would help to know what ACER model you have? Also what Windows version? Jack E/NJ
    I used both methods of the Windows Media Creation tool and Rufus but neither worked. The Media Creation tool boot worked at first and almost let me install but I couldn't get past the "driver selection stage" and then after a while it didn't even work. 
  • JackE
    What is your full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• n80thegr80
    JackE said:
    What is your full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ
    It's a SPIN SP515-51GN
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    And which OS are you trying to install? Windows 10 Home 64bit? One of the other versions? Have you changed the boot settings in your BIOS at all? What did you change?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    BIOS must be in UEFI mode with F12 boot option enabled in the  Main tab. Try booting from each USB port. If it still doesn't show up in the Boot tab, try another stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Try to convert the pendrive to gpt and format it in fat32 in prompt of command with administrator:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)