Aspire BIOS update on Win 10

Options
Brid
Brid Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi - trying to speed up my mother-in-law's Aspire 5532. Already ordered 2 x 2g RAM. Already has been upgraded to Win 10 and done all the usual tweaks to optimise speed. Current BIOS v.1.06 but latest v.1.11 download not available for Win 10 on Acer website.
Q1.  Will there be any noticeable improvement with latest BIOS?
Q2.  Will the win 7 download run on Win 10, and if not is there any other way of safely updating BIOS?
Any help appreciated as there's no way she can afford a new laptop.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    check here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Brid
    Options
    Thanks for that. System very stable, just slow. I'd read somewhere it might allow a larger than stated 4gb RAM. BIOS v.1.06 is very basic also - not many settings to see or change, but maybe v.1.11 isn't much different.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    check here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Brid
    Options
    That's really useful info - and reassuring too, as the 2 x2Gb RAM sticks I ordered were 800MHz. I tried some similar borrowed from another laptop and the 200% increase in available RAM reduced startup from.about 2.5 minutes to 1. The limiting factor I can't do much about is the Athlon 64 X2 CPU - it's running at 100% more often than I'd like, (when on 3Gb RAM installed I've rarely seen RAM using above 70%). Oh well, the improved speed of the RAM upgrade will make the laptop less frustrating to use - and she only uses it primarily for browsing the internet.