Extensa 2510-3076 motherboard died

Corejob
Corejob Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Extensa 2510-3076.
Motherboard died.
How and where can i get a new motherboard?
Can't seem to find it anywhere in stores here even online international stores. 
In Botswana

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    1. Do you still own the motherboard?
    2. Did you use the version preinstalled of Windows supplied with the laptop?
    France
  • Corejob
    Hello,
    1. Do you still own the motherboard?
    2. Did you use the version preinstalled of Windows supplied with the laptop?
    1. Yes I still have the motherboard
    2. I updated to windows 10. 
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    If you update from the version preinstalled of Windows, you have to buy it from Acer or an authorized reseller.
    If you want to know the part number of your motherboard, you should find a white sticker with a barcode near the memory slots. A string of characters is located under this one. Could you give me the first ten?
    France
  • Corejob
    If you update from the version preinstalled of Windows, you have to buy it from Acer or an authorized reseller.
    If you want to know the part number of your motherboard, you should find a white sticker with a barcode near the memory slots. A string of characters is located under this one. Could you give me the first ten?
    I will have to disassemble it to get to the memory slots, i will do that in a bit. Plus if it was a software problem, it would switch on, but it does not power on at all.