Ram Upgrade

Troy05
Troy05 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Just want to know if this laptop ram is upgradable. Bought this year 2017 here in the Philippines.
Unit model: N16Q8
Series: ES1-432-P0MW
If yes,
How many slots is it?
What specs of ram is compatible with this unit?
Planning to upgrade for 8gb current ram is 4gb only.
I'm a user of other brands for 15years this is my first laptop from Acer. Please help me.

Best Answer

• Troy05
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    If you have an onboard memory you can upgrade up to 6GB(2GB onboard+4GB) DDR3L 1600MHz modules, if you have no onboard memory, you can upgrade up to 8GB, you could install CPU-z to find out whether you have onboard memory in your laptop, go to SPD tab and post the snip.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/561095/ram-slot-for-acer-aspire-es1-432-p2cg

• Troy05
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help
  • Leles
    Leles Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2020
    hi I have same laptop and i want to uprade the ram. I installed cpu z and you can see on the attached pictures what memory is there. I will just asked what should I buy to upgrade my ram.Is Kingston Value RAM 4GB 1600MHz PC3L-12800 DDR3L 1.35V Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1Rx8 Laptop Memory RAM is compatible with it?

• Leles said:
    hi I have same laptop and i want to uprade the ram. I installed cpu z and you can see on the attached pictures what memory is there. I will just asked what should I buy to upgrade my ram.Is Kingston Value RAM 4GB 1600MHz PC3L-12800 DDR3L 1.35V Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1Rx8 Laptop Memory RAM is compatible with it?

Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade with 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz Kingston module.
  • Leles
    Leles Member Posts: 2 New User
    Leles said:

Hi,
    Thank you! 
    I also want to know, based on the pictures, does it mean that I have an on board 2gb ram and a slot for another 4gb ram? or I can put 2 new 4bg ram in my laptop?
  • Leles said:
    Leles said:

Hi,
    Thank you! 
    I also want to know, based on the pictures, does it mean that I have an on board 2gb ram and a slot for another 4gb ram? or I can put 2 new 4bg ram in my laptop?
    No problem, open the service hatch and check whether the slot is occupied, if it's empty you have a 2GB onboard memory and can install a 4GB RAM in the slot.

• Rockybest
    Rockybest Member Posts: 1 New User
    My laptop has same model,can i Upgrade the ram to 4GB DDR3L Kingston 1600MHz