ACER SPIN 513-51 M2 compatible SSD

Options
carlosm
carlosm Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My ACER SPIN 513-51 has a 128GB M2 KINGSTON SSD that says 3.3V 1.A
I want to upgrade it to 256 or 500 GB, but i am afraid to install a M2 SSD 256GB 3.3V 1.7A cause amperage don't match
Can you help to decide for a compatible M2 SSD 256GB to ACER SPIN 513-51?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The service manual states that you can add a 512gb ssd as well.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carlosm

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    I think i understood the link to benchmark.
    The compatible ssd are from users that owns the acer spin 513-51. If i am correct, than i dont need to worry about voltages and amps cause the tests were made on the same machine, so the m2 ssd shown up really works fine. Thank you.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carlosm

Tinkerer

Options
    thank you for your kindness.
    So... i guess i can upgrade the original m2 ssd 128GB 3.3V 1A to a m2 ssd 240GB 3.3V 1.7A
    I guess the motherboard can handle this amperage differential. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The service manual states that you can add a 512gb ssd as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carlosm

Tinkerer

Options
    thank you.
    I undertamd that i could upgrade to 256 ou 512 m2. ssd. But i i decide to do it i found out that the voltage and amperage are not the same as the original m2 128GB that acer intalled in this machine. So i asked if it was secure to upgrade to 256 or 512GB m2 ssd that did not match with the amperage os the original 128GB. For me this was a problem cause i dont wanto to end up with a dead motherboard after all.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• carlosm

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    I think i understood the link to benchmark.
    The compatible ssd are from users that owns the acer spin 513-51. If i am correct, than i dont need to worry about voltages and amps cause the tests were made on the same machine, so the m2 ssd shown up really works fine. Thank you.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes. Other users have successfully installed those ssd's on the SP513-51 model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer