Backlight isn't working properly after replacing keyboard - Predator 15 G9-593

MoonwalkerLuke
MoonwalkerLuke Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2021 in Predator Laptops
A few weeks ago i spilled a soda into my Predator 15 G9-593. When I tried rinsing the laptop it only got worse, and i accidentally ripped of some of the keys. I then ordered a new one and recived it today. It was a struggle replacing this piece of hardware but I managed. When I put everything back together everything was working just fine except for a little detail in the keyboard. The baklight only lit up the sides. When configuring this in Predator Sense it seems like it only registers two zones (it should be four). And it reads the first two zones as the only two. How do I fix this? Please help, any ideas or tips are appreciated.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   

Answers

• Can you inform the model of the keyboard you purchased and the purchase link? Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MoonwalkerLuke
    edited May 2020
    Can you inform the model of the keyboard you purchased and the purchase link? Have you tried to reset the battery?

I bought this keyboard as I'm from Denmark: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Acer-Predator-17-15-G9-591-591R-G9-592-593-G9-791-Norway-Backlit-Keyboard/253343353010?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l264

I tried resetting the battery. It did nothing.
  • 1) Did you disconnect the battery before connecting the new keyboard?2) Are you sure that the keyboard connectors are fixed correctly?
    https://youtu.be/LCA92WH9RR8
    3) Have you tried to uninstall the predator sense?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MoonwalkerLuke
    1) Did you disconnect the battery before connecting the new keyboard?
    2) Are you sure that the keyboard connectors are fixed correctly?
    3) Have you tried to uninstall the predator sense?

The battery was the last thing i connected when assembling the laptop. I just tried uninstalling and installing Predator Sense again. And it didn't change anything. I am also sure I plugged it in correctly. Is there anything else I can try? 
  • Do you have how to record a video of the problem and post it on youtube? Also, have you tried to uninstall predatorsense?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MoonwalkerLuke
    I have tried uninstalling it which did not fix it. I will upload a video and link to it ASAP.
  • Mikee27
    Mikee27 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I changed the US keyboard for a brand new PT keyboard on a G9-592. I have the same issue. Two zones (the first two) BUT the left zone is just Red, the second zone is actually the numpad only in Blue and the center zones have NO light.
    Predator Sense is version 1.
    Nothing works!
  • Mikee27
    Mikee27 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have tried uninstalling it which did not fix it. I will upload a video and link to it ASAP.
    Did you managed to fix the issue?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    edited December 2021
    A few weeks ago i spilled a soda into my Predator 15 G9-593. When I tried rinsing the laptop it only got worse, and i accidentally ripped of some of the keys. I then ordered a new one and recived it today. It was a struggle replacing this piece of hardware but I managed. When I put everything back together everything was working just fine except for a little detail in the keyboard. The baklight only lit up the sides. When configuring this in Predator Sense it seems like it only registers two zones (it should be four). And it reads the first two zones as the only two. How do I fix this? Please help, any ideas or tips are appreciated.

If you spilled liquid especially sweet soda that leaves sticky residue onto your keyboard it most certainly gotten onto the motherboard and hence caused a short. The best and only way to try and fix a sticky liquid spill like that is to first allow the liquid to totally dry and then only apply a petroleum fluid like a Zippo lighter fluid, that has oils that will clean the sticky liquid off and revitalises the circuitry chips from the residue of the liquid spill. In all these instances you let the liquid spill dry and the first thing that you do is to DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND CHARGER so that there is no power coming into the laptop. 

After and when the liquid is totally dry, clean the board thoroughly and dry it thoroughly before you reassemble and connect the battery to the laptop as it should work. In your case and seeing that your keyboard is not functioning it might be that you have shorted out the keyboard plug at the motherboard connections that need either for the keyboard plug to be replaced etc etc as they are shorted/burned out so, get a technician to look at your laptop that has all the tools to diagnose your problem.