Z35p gsync broken?

Options
IANRIVALDOSMITH
IANRIVALDOSMITH Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
What is happening is when the frames are in G-sync range, it’s working fine, but, randomly, it’s disconnecting. What I mean by that Is, I’m plodding along at 50fps. It’s synced to 50 on my refresh rate (I use the monitor to check) then all of a sudden, it disconnects, causing a jolt, and the refresh rate shoots up back to 120hz (my max rate). I pan around for 1-2 seconds and the gsync re-captures the FPS, and syncs back.

Also, I did read the g-sync range should be 30-120hz. I tested with the pendulum demo and it a disconnecting at 38fps. Same as in games. As soon as it disconnects, the refresh rate shoots back up to 120hz....

When I drop below 38 frames, gsync disconnects and the refresh rate shoots back to 120hz. As the frame rate approaches 50+ again, Gsync re enables, until it drops below 38 frames and the same thing happens again. As you can imagine, in games this is a nightmare.

It’s a acer Z35P and I’m running a gtx2080ti using the latest Nvidia drivers. I have no blackout when it occurs.