can I charge my acer nitro 5 with a different brand charger?

Options
Joy29
Joy29 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
The acer charger I used is one of 135W 19A and 7.1A They offered me one with the same steel tip that is 5.5mm and 1.7mm but the requirements are 150W 19.5V and 7.7A, I have a dune, this new charger that I got I can use it in high regret and have several hours of play with the connected one? as if it were the original?

Answers

• Joy29

Tinkerer

Options
    Can someone please give me an answer?
  • NikPalPro
    NikPalPro Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Joy29 said:
    The acer charger I used is one of 135W 19A and 7.1A They offered me one with the same steel tip that is 5.5mm and 1.7mm but the requirements are 150W 19.5V and 7.7A, I have a dune, this new charger that I got I can use it in high regret and have several hours of play with the connected one? as if it were the original?
    Can you? As far as the connector is same, HELLL YEAAA!
    Should you? NEVER.

Different Voltage and Ampere rating of a different charger can go as far as to burn your laptop. If the off-brand charger you are getting is unstable, it can burn your entire house too! PC Enthusiasts say never skimp on the PSU of a Desktop. This is the "PSU" of your laptop. Those 15 Extra Watts on your new charger isn't helping you in any way, leave it. 

A laptop Charger is very carefully designed to work best with the Laptop already.
  • Joy29

Tinkerer

Options
    only just by 0.5votl?