New Acer Aspire Z24-890 Integrated webcam won't work

SallyBW
SallyBW Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have a brand new Acer Aspire Z24-890 and cannot use the integrated webcam. If I run the windows help for it, it says the camera is not found. I found the camera under hidden in device manager, did as instructed to uninstall then reboot which would supposedly make the drivers reload. Now it does not show at all in device manager. I need this to work! Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Answers

• Did this problem occur recently after some windows update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SallyBW
    Did this problem occur recently after some windows update?
    Yes, when I set the computer up on Thursday it had updates in the queue later that evening and they were installed. 
  • What happens when you restore windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SallyBW
    I have not tried doing that. If that solves the problem, how do I install the updates without losing access to the camera again? Is this a common problem? I have never encountered it before on my older laptop. 
  • What happens when you press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer