Looking for Gateway Laptop Specs for T Series Model # W350I

Options
TechGirl
TechGirl Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello all,

I have an old Gateway laptop (T Series Model # W350I) that I'm hoping to find the specs for. Specifically I need the specs for the power adapter.

The adapter has died but the problem I'm facing is that the adapter died once before and I thought the replacement I ordered was a match for the original but I found some references online that seem to suggest I don't have the correct adapter even though it works.

The replacement adapter I have is 90W and the references I found online seems to suggest I need a 65W adapter. I would like to confirm the exact requirement (Volts Watts, Amps).

Also if there is a reliable place to order a replacement from I would appreciate help with that. I'm in Canada. I have been looking at Amazon.ca but haven't done further searching until I confirm the specs.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,094 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    According to this picture, you need a 65W (19V x 3.42A= 64.98 W so 65 W):

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)?
    France
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you so much for the speedy reply!  Can you tell me where the S/N is? I'm looking at the bottom and it's not where the Model number is printed on the case however there is a sticker below it that has a S/N that starts with N1C89. The whole number is only about 12 digits. Is this it?
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Hello,
    Yes, it is this string of characters. I only need the first ten.
    France
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options
    It has started to fade so hopefully this is correct... 
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry. I hit the post button by accident before putting the S/N in. It should be N1C8951003.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!
  • laurent_14
    Options
    If you still own the original AC adapter, could you post a picture of sticker with a barcode?
    France
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options
    If you still own the original AC adapter, could you post a picture of sticker with a barcode?
    No, unfortunately I don't have the original adapter. I purchased the new one from a computer store and they asked if I wanted the old one back and I said "no". Now I'm kicking myself.
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options
    The worst case scenario I will purchase a 65W from Amazon (I found a supplier that said it will work with my laptop) and if it doesn't work I will just purchase the same type I currently have.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    It doesn't matter if the adapter is 65W or 90W. Those number are only the maximum charge current. What matter is the plug size and the voltage. IIRC your model used a 19V supply with center positive on the plug. Show us a picture of your supply with the number and such so we can verify it's right. What were your symptoms that caused you to purchase a replacement?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

France
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    It doesn't matter if the adapter is 65W or 90W. Those number are only the maximum charge current. What matter is the plug size and the voltage. IIRC your model used a 19V supply with center positive on the plug. Show us a picture of your supply with the number and such so we can verify it's right. What were your symptoms that caused you to purchase a replacement?
    Thanks for this. I already know it's 19V and I know the plug size. What I found is that there is a price difference between the 65W and 90W so if that part of the equation isn't important then I can save a few bucks going with the 65W. 🙂
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options

Awesome. Thank you so much. Where do you see that info in the pic? That looks exactly like my laptop and I looked there first but I couldn't see anything related to power (maybe I'm going blind).
  • laurent_14
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Here:
    INPUT: 19V= (or VDC) 3.42A (current)
    Check this specification on your sticker.
    France
  • TechGirl

Tinkerer

Options
    Here:
    INPUT: 19V= (or VDC) 3.42A (current)
    Check this specification on your sticker.
    Oh geez... Duh... I didn't even think that was for the power adapter. Mine says the same thing so that's great!

Thanks for your help!
  • laurent_14
    Options
    You're welcome! :)
    France