Acer TravelMate P215 - DVD and HDD drives

Dominic1000
Dominic1000 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Please tell me if I can fit an old Lenovo DVD Drive (from a laptop) and Lenovo HDD Drive (from a Desktop) into my Acer TravelMate P215.
Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This specific model has a compartment to add a 9.0mm dvd driver. You should measure the height of the dvd drive like this:
    Como escolher o Caddy certo para o notebook - Blog bringIT
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited May 2020
    What is the exact model? P215-52g? About your question, it is necessary that the notebook has support for dvd. Notebooks do not currently support DVD, but you can use a DVD adapter:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dominic1000

Thanks
    It's the Acer TravelMate P215 Core i5-8250 8GB 512GB SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6 Inch Full HD Thin & Light Laptop

• I would like to know the exact model. Example: p215-52-70c6.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    This specific model has a compartment to add a 9.0mm dvd driver. You should measure the height of the dvd drive like this:
    Como escolher o Caddy certo para o notebook - Blog bringIT

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dominic1000
    Thanks so much egydiocoelho
  • you are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dominic1000
    In the end I decided to change the order for this one https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/acer-travelmate-p2-p215-52-72cv-core-i7-10510u-8gb-512gb-ssd-15.-6-inch-win-nx.vllek.006/version.asp
    It seems like a better buy with a better processor and expansion slots.  Would the same 9mm height apply for this one please.
  • I believe that the model p215-52 does not have a DVD drive.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dominic1000
    Does it have a slot where I can install one? Thanks
  • If you have a DVD slot, yes you can install it.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The TravelMate P215-52 has no DVD drive and no slot for one. To connect a DVD drive you need an external USB DVD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • I also think it doesn't have @billsey. However, the photo on this link shows that there is apparently a fake DVD slot on the model p215-52, see: https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/acer-travelmate-p2-p215-52-72cv-core-i7-10510u-8gb-512gb-ssd-15.-6-inch-win-nx.vllek.006/version.asp

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dominic1000
    There definitely is a slot. That is not for the SSD drive?
  • I think the supplier used another image. I also think that the model p215-52 does not have a dvd rom slot. But I believe you can install a 2280 m2 ssd.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer