Hinges on SP315

1HappyUser
1HappyUser Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have read numerous posts about the screen casing breaking open on laptops and obviously have experienced this myself. My laptop is roughly 18 mths old and i noticed the problems about four months ago. Thinking it was a clip within the cover i sticky taped it up and the compute performed okay, unfortunately the other side has now done the same and after doing some research felt it best to contact ACER for support. The only support i got was a quote for $329.00 (AU) and advice it was not a common issue, i questioned this and was advised that they would reduce the price by 5%.
I then priced the parts and found i could get them for about $150 so i have proceeded with the repair myself. On disassembly i found that some of the screws must have fallen out and these are not available as a separate item for purchase which will make correct reassembly quite difficult.
I'd love to have some help on this as i am a really happy user of the product and this is the only issue i have had with it, in fact i have recommended it to two of my friend who have also purchased them. Can someone give me an idea where i can get the screws from?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Neither of these are very good, the pictures in the SG don't give as much details when zoomed in as would be nice.
    Antenna wires:
    LCD cable:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Which model do you have? I can look up the screws for you and they'll be fairly readily available. The model number is likely SP315-xx-xxxx
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 1HappyUser
    Thanks for the follow up, model as follows:
    SP314-51-33W MFG Date 2018/07/03

• billsey
    OK, here are the bits from the service guide:

• 1HappyUser
    Thanks for your help, i'm still awaiting the cover and will endeavor to source the fasteners.
    Do you have a hot of how the connecting wires locate through the hinge gap, i took photo's as i disassembled the components and today reassembled it so i could continue using it as a desk top until i receive the screen back cover and found the wiring too look a little awkward.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Neither of these are very good, the pictures in the SG don't give as much details when zoomed in as would be nice.
    Antenna wires:
    LCD cable: