Chromebook CB314 won't turn on

Options
PSkilton1
PSkilton1 Member Posts: 4 New User
My daughters chromebook won't turn on, light by charge point is blue. Tried charging with 2 different chargers. I've tried holding power button for 45 seconds. Only other tip I can find is about taking out battery or resetting battery button both of which isn't possible with this make! Any advice, lockdown school work needs doing!!!!!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which CB314 model do you have? If there's no battery reset button then the first step is to try a powerwash, which will erase the OS and any data files on the machine. Only after that doesn't help do you pull the base apart to disconnect and reset the battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PSkilton1
    Options
    CB 314-1H if that helps.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, no battery reset hole on yours. Did you give the powerwash a try? The battery isn't too hard to get to, ten tiny screws and some gentle prying to get the bottom cover off. Disconnect power, take the cover off and unplug the battery from the motherboard. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, wait a few minutes then plug the battery back in and put the cover back on. Plug power in and wait for it to finish it's charge then turn it back on. Report back with your results...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PSkilton1
    Options
    Will give that a try and let you know. Thank you!
  • CharO
    CharO Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi Pskilton. Mine did the same thing as your daughters. Did the suggested fix work for yall?
  • PSkilton1
    Options
    To be honest, as the blue light was on, I left it so the battery would fully drain. 2 days later when we checked, they screen came to life and charged. So not sure what's wrong with it. It has done it again so waiting again to see if it works again by leaving it.  Not sure if daughter has to many tabs open so it runs slower!  
  • Rinch
    Rinch Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    I have been having the same problem. Called tech support and was passed to a technician.
    He had me unplug the power supply from the computer. Then hold both the power and the 4th button from the left on the top row. Think its called the go back button, looks like an curvy arrow slanted to the right...for 30 seconds. Then plug the power supply back in and press the power button as normal. Started right up. Seems to be a continuing problem though. Happened again today so used the same steps to restart. Works, but doesn't seem to be a permanent fix, at least the tech did not mention one.
    Mine is only a few days away from the 1 year warranty, so wanted to make sure there was a record of the problem in case it needs to be serviced or replaced.
  • Jennifer2023
    Jennifer2023 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same thing happened to my 2.5 year old CB, I tried your fix suggestion Rinch, It worked like a charm, Hopefully I won't have to repeat this procedure but I get a sneaky suspicion I will have too. So thank you very much for posting the fix.

Jennifer