Spin 3 is having a Ghost Touch screen hijacking! Please help!

Options
DSchultz
DSchultz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My SP315-51 has been hijacked by a ghost. The screen becomes unusable, as does the touchpad "mouse" so I am unable to use the machine. It happens constantly and I see others here have posted but dont see a resolution. Please advise.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are a couple of things that can create phantom clicks and touches. Usually it's from dirt or oils building up on the screen. Sometimes it's from something physically pushing on the touchpad, like a slightly warped case or a bulging battery. Once in a while it's just the touchpad being set way too sensitive and hovering movements are registered...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RomoCop
    RomoCop Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Speech recognition, if it is on, then might see all kinds of weird things happen.  Phantom clicks are definitely a symptom, a more likely symptom is typing anything it hears (you, others close enough, TV)...and the words written may be near nonsense if it hasn't been trained, or the sound it hears is not close enough to clearly distinguish...   you can at least eliminate this possibility (search Speech Recognition). Hope this helps...