SB220Q Randomly Blacks out for a few seconds I am still getting the blackout issue

DMGreene
DMGreene Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Monitors
I purchased a SB220Q monitor yesterday for Office work at home. My office computer is a Lenovo 460 with a Lenovo Thinkpad Pro docking station. I am using the Display Port on the docking station to connect to the monitor. I am having an issue where a few times a day the monitor goes black for a few seconds. I notice sometimes that the screen starts to flicker before it goes black. I have tried replacing my "Display Port to HDMI" cord with a HDMIcord and DisplayPort adapter. I am still getting the blackout issue.

Any suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• joeysax
    joeysax Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this same issue but not all the time. I have the SB220Q connected to an ACER laptop HDMI Port.

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,635 Pathfinder

@DMGreene

Try to connect the unit without connecting to the docking station and check do you still have the blackout issue.

If you still have the issue unplug all the wires goes to the monitor including the power cable from the wall socket. press and hold the power button which is on the monitor and press and hold it for 30 seconds and than try.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BK47
    BK47 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2023

I'm experiencing this exact issue with my new SB220Q. Screen goes black for a couple seconds, then comes back on. It happens every hour. Mine is plugged into a desktop computer (HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx). However, the cable I'm using is VGA to DVI. The original cable that came with the monitor (VGA on both ends) wasn't compatible with my computer. I've tried the above solution with no success. I've also made sure the cables are securely plugged in on both ends. Any help would be appreciated.