Which bluetooth module is in the aspire 5742

Options
Thor59
Thor59 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello im new here. I been looking to see if anyone else done this but guess not but i have the aspire 5742 and it didnt come with a bluetooth module in it. But it does have the connection on the MB and the software so i want to put one in it and was wondering if anyone new/could tell me which module goes in it i know there are 3 different ones listed in the service manual i just need to know which one so I can order it and the cable. Hopefully someone help as soon as possible. 

Thank you 

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,380 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Thor59
    It support Bluetooth module, which window you are running?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Thor59

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    Options
    Windows 10. The MB has the connector it just didnt come with the module @GAMING6698
  • Nero21
    Nero21 Member Posts: 191 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
    You can install Bluetooth driver 
  • Thor59

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    Options
    @Nero21 I don't have the module yet that what i need to find out what module or compatible module will fit it. But I will need to after I get it so thank you for reminding me 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    As you suggest there are three different Bluetooth modules for your laptop, but they all work essentially the same. You can use any one of the three. The Acer part numbers are: BH.21100.008, BH.21100.009 and BH.21100.010. They were all produced by Foxconn for Acer and are specific to these models. Unfortunately the design is old enough that you won't be able to find more modern modules to go in there. They switched to first miniPCIe and then to M.2 for the WiFi/Bluetooth modules since this one was made.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Thor59

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey thank you n you said they switched to mini Pcie I'm guessing a wifi and bluetooth module won't fit the mini pcie thats in the 5742 holding wifi card. Sorry if its am obvious thing I'm just getting into all this more technical stuff with computers
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think they'd have designed it with two separate modules if they were going to be able to share the function in one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.