Upgrading SSD (if possible) on Aspire V17 Nitro (VN7-791G-52YN)

Options
GrantS
GrantS Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Good evening everyone, this is my first post so go easy on me please.

I own an Aspire V Nitro (VN7-791G-52YN) with the hybrid hard drive setup of 60GB SSD and 2000GB HDD.

The startup drive is the SSD for the speed of it - but its clogged up completely now with the system files, and to upgrade the NVIDIA software or to use Windows update I have to delete my whole PC to do so. Rinse and repeat this every other week and this soon gets boring.

I would prefer to keep the start up drive as the SSD but 60GB is far too little obviously.

The SSD appears to be a Kingston RBU-SNS8100S360GD and a M.2 connection. My question is - am I actually able to upgrade this drive? If so, am I limited by any speeds/software/anything else? Finally, does anyone have any recommendations for me please?

I would consider my technical knowledge around average, and my ability to break down laptops (gently!) to inspect and make changes is adequate - but if its far too fiddly or delicate I will have to just leave it.

Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate this model of laptop is slightly older (bought it in 2016 I think) than what most of you will be running with on here so no worries if no one can help.

Thanks again.

Grant

Answers