Camera disappeared?

Options
imastudent
imastudent Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an acer chromebook 14 cb3-431 and have had trouble with my camera not working for a while, my problem was exactly like this guy https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/582504/camera-not-detected-after-system-restore-chromebook-14-cb3-431. When I opened the camera app it just said "Your camera is unavailable. Please check if the camera is properly connected." It worked fine some months ago and now when I need it it doesn't work. To fix the problem I did, as suggested in many forums a powerwash, twice. The first time nothing happened and the second time the camera app compleatly disappeared. When trying to reinstall the camera app I found google help center, add apps and extensions where they basicly link you to the chromebook web store but the app I originally had is not there and now I don't know how to get the app back or if it will work if I just install another app. Have really no clue where to go from here... Any suggestions?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Common problem The video ribbon cable probably needs to be replaced from conductor trace breaks in the hinge area from the wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. Results in either no camera or no screen. Google part number '50.GC2N5.004' for vendors convenient to your location. Less than about kr220

Jack E/NJ

'

Jack E/NJ

• MMXXVIII
    MMXXVIII Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks Jack E. Pretty sure my cb3-431 also has a cable failure. There seems to be nowhere in US that has the part you mentioned, 50.GC2N5.004. Do you know if other Acer cables will work here?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Google "cb3-431" and "lcd cable" for vendors instead. Before you order, check the bottom of the laptop for a battery reset pinhole. If it exists, turn the machine off and remove the charger. Press and hold  a paperclip into the pinhole for 30-60 seconds at the same time press and hold the power button. Then reconnect the charger and turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Here is one on eBay that's in stock.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.