Acer Aspire 3 a315-41 constantly restarting if started without charger after update to BIOS 1.17

LinAGKar
LinAGKar Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just updated my Acer Aspire 3 a315-41 to BIOS 1.17, but now it's constantly restarting if started without the charger. Basically, if it starts without the charger in, it gets a few seconds into the boot process, and then it just dies and restarts, rinse and repeat. If I start it with the charger plugged in however, it does boot correctly, and I can then unplug the charger, and it seems to work fine. Until i suspend it. When I then wake it up, it will run for a few seconds, and then restart. This happens regardless of what OS I'm in, I get the same result in Windows, in Linux, and in the BIOS.

Answers

• What happens when you access the bios and press f9 to restore and f10 to save and exit? Reset the battery too:
    https://www.youtube.com/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LinAGKar

Tinkerer

No, neither resetting with f9 nor pushing the battery reset button fixes it.
  • In the system tab of the event viewer, is there an error called kernel power that indicates a problem with the firmware?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LinAGKar

Tinkerer

There is a critical message about it not shutting down cleanly, plus some information messages about changes in the number of active batteries, "Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance", and change of power source.
  • What happens when you uninstall these drivers and restart windows?unremovable ACPI control battery driver - Microsoft Community

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LinAGKar

Tinkerer

The AC adapter driver too, or just the *ACPI-compliant* driver? Anyway, how could a Windows driver cause issues when I'm not in Windows?
  • uninstall both drivers and restart.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LinAGKar

Tinkerer

Now I've tried that, and it did not change anything. Not that I expected it, to, since it makes no sense for a Windows driver to cause issues when Windows is not running.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    disable real time clock reset in bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LinAGKar

Tinkerer

That doesn't seem to change it either.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• After updating the bios, did windows update try to install these updates?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jorge7
    Jorge7 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited May 2020

this is the solution

1. download BIOS 1.15 when you run it you will get the box "The version of ROM is not newer than of BIOS" DO NOT CLOSE it until a few steps later

2. go to the C: \ Users \ (your username) \ AppData \ Local \ Temp link you will find the folder "7zS6F91.tmp" (or with a similar name)

3. paste the folder on a flash drive, when it sticks you can close the box that mentions you at the beginning "The version of ROM is not newer than of BIOS"

4. inside the folder you will find a file "platform" open it and find the following text:

[Bios_Version_Check]
    Flag = 2

you must change Flag = 2 for Flag = 0 (save changes.)

5. move the folder from your flash drive to your desktop.

6. Run "H2OFFT-Wx64" which is inside the folder and the BIOS should install normally.

If it worked, I would like you to tell me how long it takes for the notebook to load from 10% to 100% and how long it takes to download from 100% to 10%.

this is for a test i am doing and see if the equipment works properly.

• caddock
    caddock Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same with me. I downgraded the BIOS to v1.15. my laptop is back to normal.