Need a part!

RAS001
RAS001 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi All,

My E1-731 has suffered a broken "mouse paddle", what used to be a one-piece paddle is now two. I've looked for the paddle itself, and the entire palm rest, but nobody has one available. The right button is normal, left button still works but is iffy - and for how long remains to be seen. Any ideas other than finding a used laptop for parts?

Edited the content to hide personal information

Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

• RAS001
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Well, I ended up buying an identical, used laptop and transferring over my HDD and (faster) WiFi card so I'm back in business. So took this old one apart and was able to glue the paddle back together from behind, it has lost a bit of the "tactile" feel and sound but works as it should. I'll keep it as a spare should something happen to my "new" one.

Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Can you send a photo of the damage?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RAS001
    edited May 2020
    Here's what I've got:

Acer-Samuel
  • I find this piece only on foreign sites, see: https://eu.eetgroup.com/i/60.MG8N5.001-Acer-Upper-Cover-W-TP
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RAS001
    edited May 2020
    Ah, got to "sign up" to see the price, bookmarked it though. I may take mine apart and see if it can be glued with some kind of backer-plate underneath or just buy a 2nd-hand identical laptop and swap over my HDD, then I'd have a spare and adequate time to either fix or source a paddle.

Acer-Samuel
  • ok post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RAS001
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Well, I ended up buying an identical, used laptop and transferring over my HDD and (faster) WiFi card so I'm back in business. So took this old one apart and was able to glue the paddle back together from behind, it has lost a bit of the "tactile" feel and sound but works as it should. I'll keep it as a spare should something happen to my "new" one.

Acer-Samuel

• great my friend. accept your own answer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer