Fan Control app for conceptd notebooks CN515-71-774W

Options
Antonggold
Antonggold Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Does anyone know how to control fan speed on conceptd notebooks. Windows energy plan is not the case.
Palette software that is made for conceptd is useless... there are no settings at all...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options
    What is your full d model number? CNx1x-xx??? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options

CONCEPTD 5 CN515-71-774W (NX.C4VER.001)

• JackE
    Options
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    Actually I want to lower fan speed before 60 degrees temperature. 
    Now it is too noisy after 20 minutes watching youtube...
  • JackE
    Options
    With coolboost turned off? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    My problem is that when I`m watching youtube for 20-30 minutes - my notebook warms too much and fans are getting too loud.
    CPU load Is less than 10%
    I need access to their speed settings in order to make them work less loud. (less than 2000 RPM)
    coolboost is off, yes
    When coolboost is on - fans are at 2800-3000 RPM
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>my notebook warms too much>>>CPU load Is less than 10%>>>

(1) What is GPU temperature & usage?
    (2) When did you acquire machine?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    Added screens

• JackE
    Options
    Your nvidia graphics isn't being used in your example. The CPU's integrated graphics is being used. So fans are probably 2800 & 2600 rpm at 65*C and only about 31dBA which should be barely noticeable. However, once nvidia temperatures rise to 55*C,  .fans probably jump to 3400 and 3200 rpm at 37dBA which is much more noticeable but shouldn't be annoying. If you feel this is unacceptable, then I suggest that you quickly return the machine to the vendor for a refund or exchange before the vendor's RMA return policy period expires usually only a few weeks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    I just want to change fan speed by 10 degrees celsius, for 65 degrees - 2000-2200RPM that`s all, from current 2600-2800...
    that is all... 

• JackE
    Options
    Outside of downloading the latest CN515-71 apps to see if they yield more flexibility https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8169?b=1
    I can only suggest changing the CPU's system cooling policies from active to all passive in advanced settings if you haven't done it yet  or trying a few 3rd party fan control freeware.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok, maybe there is any way to create a feature request for Palette software to have the same features as Nitro or Predator sense apps?

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Your nvidia graphics isn't being used in your example. The CPU's integrated graphics is being used. So fans are probably 2800 & 2600 rpm at 65*C and only about 31dBA which should be barely noticeable. However, once nvidia temperatures rise to 55*C,  .fans probably jump to 3400 and 3200 rpm at 37dBA which is much more noticeable but shouldn't be annoying. If you feel this is unacceptable, then I suggest that you quickly return the machine to the vendor for a refund or exchange before the vendor's RMA return policy period expires usually only a few weeks. Jack E/NJ

Jack, is there any way to change this table in bios by myself?
    I would like to set my fans speed to 0 until the temperature is 60...like it's configured in Macbooks...

And what about my feature request for Palette software? is it posted to the development team?
  • JackE
    Options
    Probably. But BIOS mod discussions and app feature requests are not supported on this users forum. Other than forum moderators, we are not ACER service or ACER development employees, just users such as yourself. These types of requests should be made directly to ACER corporate contacts via the ACER worldwide or contact links found at the bottom of this webpage. Sorry. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Probably. But BIOS mod discussions and app feature requests are not supported on this users forum. Other than forum moderators, we are not ACER service or ACER development employees, just users such as yourself. These types of requests should be made directly to ACER corporate contacts via the ACER worldwide or contact links found at the bottom of this webpage. Sorry. Jack E/NJ
    I`ve managed to install NitroSense on my notebook (as it is the same chassis), but there is also a limitation - I can`t stop the fans or make them work slower, I can only make them work faster...
  • JackE
    Options
    What happens to fan speed when you simple choose ControlPanel's power plan PowerSaver mode instead of Balanced or Performance? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Antonggold

Tinkerer

Options
    My non-performance plan is set CPU to work from 0 to 99% without turboboost, and I have constant 2488 Mhz, the temperature is 40-44 all the time at most of load, CPU fan is 1960rpm, GPU fan is 1863rpm.
    I believe that 1000rpm will also worth at such CPU load and it will not heat up to 55 degrees. So it will be less than 22 DBa.
    I hope the fan curve control will be added in the next Palette update.
  • JackE
    Options
    With PowerSaver plan, fan speeds less than about 2500rpm should be barely audible and not consume much power. What problems are you experiencing other than watching fan speed monitor? Do you have poor battery life? Is the fan noise levels high or irritating?  Is there some other problem that affects machine performance for your purposes? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CallofDugi
    CallofDugi Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hi there! My laptop Acer Aspire V5-571PG also has the fan problem. I wanted to use the Nbfc Notebook Fan Control but there is no config xml in the software for my laptop. Could you get the xml from Acer? Kind regards
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. Virtually all the ACER software drivers and firmware available for this model is available on this link. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ