the original hdd is now playing up, can i replace it with a SSD HDD? which one?

Options
sfmorleynz
sfmorleynz Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
i have a E5-521-27c3
snid - 44301918134
mfg date 2014/10/21
s/n NXMLFSA006XXXXX

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    This is the bios, which number is it?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
    Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can instead install a 2.5 "sata 3 ssd in place of the dvd. In addition, you can buy a 9.0mm caddy to put the hdd in place of the dvd.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    thank you for your input i wish to keep my dvd thank you
  • sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    what other options are there for me please??
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can increase the amount of ram:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    What’s the best software to use to copy over from the old to new HD?  To clone it?
  • sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options

WD Green SATA3 3D 25 SSD 480GB

WD Green SATA3 3D 2.5" SSD 480GB

Will this work??
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,740 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I prefer to follow the tip of this video:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    im unable to boot up in the normal way now so im unable to back up as per the video
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you better explain the problem you are experiencing?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't have a m2 socket
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What exactly is the problem? Do you want to replace the 2.5 "hdd with another 2.5" ssd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    I hv tried all ways in the advanced options blue screen
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what happens when you select the option that erases the hard drive?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    What will happen to my win 10 pro digital licence?
    where is this stored?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    the serial is stored in the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    This is the bios, which number is it?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
    Acer-Samuel
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The windows serial is recorded in the bios. However, it is not visible when accessing the bios settings.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sfmorleynz

Tinkerer

Options
    Is this what I need to install in the optical drive?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, it will be compatible. However, I still think that your hard drive is not in trouble. What happens when you check your hard drive with crystaldiskinfo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer