Webcam not working

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,521 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: SP513-51-57NP webcam problem.

Comments

• carlosm
    carlosm Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, i have a Acer SPIN SP513-51 37VC and it happens that the integrated webcam just stop working. I reset the software from factory (from acer care center software) but it still not showing webcam on "device manager" even if i choose the option "show hiden devices". No webcam at all. i wonder if is it a driver issue, but i searched for it on the acer drivers portal and there is nothing specific for all SPIN computers. Maybe the webcam is just broken. I dont intended to send my Acer SPIN SP513-51 37VC to repair cause they will replace the webcam and there is no guarentee that the new webcam wont be broken again. I just want to let you know my experience and my frustration even i know this is ACER SPIN is overall a good computer. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    @carlosm you should start a new thread for your problem, since it's obviously not related to issues caused by the Windows 10 update from the spring of 2017. :) Include your full model number, the symptoms you see and what you have tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BradSpin3
    BradSpin3 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Same problem with spin315-51, this is ridiculous Acer behavior.  Their support reps claim that they use "microsoft drivers" and microsoft says "contact your laptop manufacturer".  Is Acer not even capable of starting one of their laptops and telling us "hey, it uses this file in c:\windows\system32\drivers so download it from here and try reinstalling"?  They truly don't understand what it means to sell to consumers and then support the product you sell.
  • billsey
    Options
    @BradSpin3 you seem to also be asking about a different model than the one that this thread is about, unless you just typed the 513 backwards. Are you just now getting around to installing the Anniversary update from 2017, or do you have a different issue?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • carlosm
    carlosm Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    carlosm said:
    Hi, i have a Acer SPIN SP513-51 37VC and it happens that the integrated webcam just stop working. I reset the software from factory (from acer care center software) but it still not showing webcam on "device manager" even if i choose the option "show hiden devices". No webcam at all. i wonder if is it a driver issue, but i searched for it on the acer drivers portal and there is nothing specific for all SPIN computers. Maybe the webcam is just broken. I dont intended to send my Acer SPIN SP513-51 37VC to repair cause they will replace the webcam and there is no guarentee that the new webcam wont be broken again. I just want to let you know my experience and my frustration even i know this is ACER SPIN is overall a good computer. 
     I decided to buy a new webcam module. I just remove the faulty one and plug the newer. It´s working again. 
  • billsey
    Options
    @carlosm good news then! Did you have any trouble finding the module?