missing disk after created a volume

Rafi3
Rafi3 Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

I don't know what volume is and I accidentally create it after a bit annoyed with IRST pop-up and now supposed to have 2 disk drives which were Acer(C:) and Acer(D:) but ended up with only Acer(C:) drive. Most of my important stuff was in Acer(D:) and now I actually freaking out that I lost that disk. How can I recover the disk.....Hope someone can help me with this problem...... But after doing some research, I have almost the same problem such as in this(https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490TMZSA2/hdd-d-disappeared-after-using-intel-rst?language=en_US) forum but the difference is my volume is recovery type

Comments

• sniffer
    sniffer Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    I had the same problem while installing for ubuntu 18.04.

Edited the content by removing non related link
    Acer-Samuel
  • AOSTVAPP
    AOSTVAPP Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    If the remote computer supports VDS, you can configure Windows Defender Firewall to allow VDS connections. If the remote computer does not support VDS, you can use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to it and then run Disk Management directly on the remote computer.
    To manage disks on remote computers that do support VDS, you must configure the Windows Defender Firewall on both the local computer (on which you are running Disk Management) and the remote computer.
    On the local computer, configure Windows Defender Firewall to enable the Remote Volume Management Exception

• saxersa
    saxersa Member Posts: 3 New User
    had same issues as others