hi - i recieved a laptop form a local seller claiming it was brand new - but when i checked with ace

pablorotem
pablorotem Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2020 in Members Lounge
hi - i recieved a laptop form a local seller claiming it was brand new - but when i checked with acer i was told it was refurbished and not new - i just want to get clear answer so i can demand the seller to pay me back as he advertised it as brand new -although i could tell it isnt as soon as i opene it and saw A WINDOWS.OLD  directory on c drive with former owner files inside that date back months before i bought it! this is my serial - NHQ59EC010XXXXXXXX- please if anyone can just give me a straight answer so i can either take that seller to court or ask for a full refund...

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Comments

• pablorotem
    edited May 2020
    hi - i recieved a laptop form a local seller claiming it was brand new - but when i checked with acer i was told it was refurbished and not new - i just want to get clear answer so i can demand the seller to pay me back as he advertised it as brand new -although i could tell it isnt as soon as i opene it and saw A WINDOWS.OLD  directory on c drive with former owner files inside that date back months before i bought it! this is my serial - NHQ59EC010XXXXX- please if anyone can just give me a straight answer so i can either take that seller to court or ask for a full refund - since it was sold to me as brand new i payed over 3k usd for it - and since i know now it has been used i cannot know the actual age of the parts inside and the amount of wear the went through so need info asap - thank you

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Hi @pablorotem

We thank you for joining community and sharing your comments. We would like to inform you that Acer community is a peer-to-peer support. To get a solution, i would recommend you to contact acer support in your region.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • pablorotem
    Acer-Samuel i tried that before posting the question here - they are the ones that refereed me to ask my question in the forums and thats why i tried asking here -as i see it there is no way for anyone to find out exactly the current status of the warranty? doesnt sound right to me?