Problem with Acer Aspire

Options
junqkai
junqkai Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
So my brother came to me saying that his Acer computer suddenly stopped working, and that the adapter couldn't be plugged in anymore for some reason. He guided me to the port where the adapter is supposed to go into on the side of the computer—but it won't go in oddly enough. The hole also appears to be hollow, and I'm thinking something inside must have broken. Any help or answers would heavily be appreciated!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,825 Pathfinder
    Options
    @junqkai
    Looking at the pictures seems to be a problem with the place where the charger connects. But you can always check on it by calling Acer support.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • junqkai
    junqkai Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Additional Note: This is an Acer Aspire U5-620 and as far as I know, this model is out-of-warranty. IIRC, I can't really get assistance from Acer customer support because of this.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,387 Trailblazer
    Options
    There is a DC-In module that fits there and has wires over to the motherboard. I'm guessing it's broken and fallen inside. There is also the possibility that it wasn't the module that broke, instead it might be the mount. You'll have to tear it down to find out which is the problem.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.