chromebook to printer issue

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer chromebook 15 CB3-532.

Comments

• xttwo2
    xttwo2 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited April 2020
    ..for some reason my chromebook can't "register" the wireless printer.  I seem to be able to directly connect with it through direct wi-fi connection; but the tricky part is that - that direct wi-fi connection is not an internet connection. Which seems to be the problem. When clicking on the brand name listed in the printers of my chromebook's settings; the error message appears which signals me to believe that is my problem. I can directly connect to the printer using the wi-fi feature on my laptop; but there is no other wi-fi feature that allows me dual access to the internet as well. Which is as I said - the chromebook doesn't have any kind of dual-wifi feature.  But then again no laptop has that.  I don't think.  If I could; the registration problem can be complete. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    With a Chromebook, unless the printer manufacturer has done a direct print app, you have to connect to the internet and have Google cloud print do the printing for you. That means the printer is connected to your network instead of the direct mode. Follow the procedures for your printer to connect it to Google, then you should be able to print.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xttwo2
    xttwo2 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    ...thanks for the reply but with my USB cable having been delivered; I no longer have any printing problems. Although I would much would have preferred not to have bought it given it's designed to be a wireless printer.  I just happen to have the one version of a laptop and printer in which a wireless connection just doesn't work. (Google Chromebook/Epson WF3720)  My bad luck. I couldn't pass up the price on both my computer and printer. Bad luck has been the story of my life.  But all is well now.  Thanks again.