"Reset this PC" using Recovery from windows 10 went wrong, displays logo and shuts down continuously

LuisHPredator
LuisHPredator Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hello, this is my first question in acer community.
I don`t know how this works, but I hope you can help me.

This is the background:
My laptop is a Predator 17 G9-793 which has a SSD where the windows was allocated, and a HDD for storage.

I tried to make a factory reset using the Recovery option from Updates & Security, so I click to remove all files and when it boots, it stay in a continuous restarting loop.
I didn`t know what to do, so investigating a little, I found that maybe the trouble was that my windows was uninstalled by the same recovery feature from windows 10, it seems that it happens sometimes, I tried two possible solutions for my trouble: 

1. I tried to enter to Safe Mode
  •     By clicking "alt+F10", also, by "Starting and shutting down 4 times clicking the power button", none of these works as I never see the Safe Mode screen.

2. Reinstalling windows 10 manually.
  •     Using a USB flash as bootable Drive, I follow some easy and understandable tutorials (btw i just have another computer which is a mac, so I found tutorials on mac, i know there is this media tool creator but only for windows devices), here is the link of one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfqLmaesPvE
  •     I tried with Boot Camp Assistant but it never recognize my usb, so i discarted it.
  •     And finally, I used Disk Utility, I put the format ExFAT which allows me to put the content of the windows 10 image that I previously downloaded. Before, I tried to pass the image directly to the USB and it display a message saying that the file was too large(I was using the FAT format).

And that's it, I connect my Bootable Drive USB in my predator and it was unrecognized.
I also tried using the terminal, but the same too large message was displayed from the prompt, it actually copied some files but the support directory was not completed, and then the message was shown. Here is the link that I follow: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-make-a-windows-10-usb-using-your-mac-build-a-bootable-iso-from-your-macs-terminal/

If you can help me to know what am I doing wrong or a better solution, I`ll be thankful. Also, if I realize what it was, I`ll post it.

Best Answer

• joeker
    joeker Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Dear Luis H, I had a very similar experience with my Acer Aspire A315 laptop. I ended up replacing the hard disk and it worked well. You just have to get a bootable USB with Windows 10 which will install automatically. There are also repair sites with software you can download. I tried a couple but they didn't work for me. Good luck! --joeker

Answers

• joeker
    joeker Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Dear Luis H, I had a very similar experience with my Acer Aspire A315 laptop. I ended up replacing the hard disk and it worked well. You just have to get a bootable USB with Windows 10 which will install automatically. There are also repair sites with software you can download. I tried a couple but they didn't work for me. Good luck! --joeker
  • LuisHPredator
    LuisHPredator Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Joeker!!
    I actually had to do the same. Not replacing my hard drive, but getting the bootable USB with windows 10.
    That was the only way i found to get my laptop running again.

(moral)
    Always have a bootable USB at home.