Double monitor help! Predator G3-710!

Mauly
Mauly Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hello, first time posting here, 

I have the Predator G3 - 710 with the GeForce GTX 1060 6gb graphics card and I would like to set up a second monitor.

My main monitor is running form the graphics card HDMI port.

there is a second HDMI port on the PC that has a piece of plastic covering it, and it won't pull out. I have tried lightly moving it with a screwdriver but it's not really doing much.

after doing some research, I see some ppl say you can't use that port because the bios automatically choose the external graphics card for the display, and you cant run both simultaneously. 

I bought the second monitor the same model as my first one, which is a basic Hp 24fw display, has HDMI and PCI i believe ( the smaller blue cable)

I then read somewhere that this model DOESN'T support dual monitors and I'm completely gutted, having just spent $270 on the monitor and over $2400 for the pc a year ago. 

can anyone confirm that I can or can't run two monitors with this model and if I can how I would go about setting up my second monitor, by any means necessary? 

thanks, 

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Mauly
    Mauly Member Posts: 2 New User
    ill also jsut quickly note that i have not alot of knowledge about computer hardware, but the graphics card has 3 displayports...... maybe im a retard but could i buy a cable that runs hdmi to displayport ( HDMI port from second monitor into a displayport on the graphics card at the same time?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    Yes, you have to connect to one of the DPs to run a second (or third or fourth) monitor. Make sure when you purchase the DP to HDMI adapter it is DP to HDMI and not HDMI to DP, they are different. When you talk about from and to you are always using 'from' for the computer and 'to' to the monitor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.