Is anyone also got this "border like" pixels in their Helios 300 - 15inch 2019? what's the cause?

Yval
Yval Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Best Answer

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example PH317-52-58VH. I have seen a problem similar to yours in another topic.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Yval
    PH315-52-78VL
    The same effect exists in the bios screen
  • Yval
    What is the exact model? Example PH317-52-58VH. I have seen a problem similar to yours in another topic.
    PH315-52-78VL
    The same effect exists in the bios screen

• I believe it will not solve your problem, as it appears to be some problem on the display. However, there is a version of the bios related to adding a new display to the bios:

Is your notebook under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Yval
    I believe it will not solve your problem, as it appears to be some problem on the display. However, there is a version of the bios related to adding a new display to the bios:

Is your notebook under warranty?
    yes, but i live outside  of USA and i bought it from Amazon in the last black friday so i think that the international warranty wont hold in this case.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yval
    same issue. The good thing is that is takes some time fades away. i just updated the bios to latest version, maybe it will fix that... Thanks!
  • I would like to know, if after some time of use, if updating the bios really solves the problem, even if I think the problem is related to light bleeding.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yval
    it still exist on bios V1.11 - but slowly fades out

• The user of the link I sent earlier mentioned that the problem occurred when there was an external monitor connected to the dp port.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yval
    that's correct
  • I will invite colleagues @batmalin, @JackE, @billsey and @xapim, to visit this topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    LED backlit  or eDP cable is most probably defective I suggest to call Acer support to replace the panel, but first try the cheaper solution to re-seat/ replace the eDP cable, as I saw that you stated  your warranty is not international.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2020
    Yval seems to me its either a defective cable, the screen itself or even a defective screen inverter ( just a guess not sure if the new ips also have the inverter but old displays have it) best solution here in my view and if still on warranty would be send it back asap to get it diagnosed by the service center check with amazon since you bought it from there they should provide the proper warranty when anything is imported or even replace it for a new unit good luck

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• dinegri
    dinegri Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓