I have a G276HL monitor and the resolution is terrrible please help

Rozza
Rozza Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 23 in 2020 Archives
I have a G276HL monitor and the resolution is maxed at 1024 x 768 even tho the hdmi works just fine not sure why please help me.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    When you bring up Device Manager, what video card does it think you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    When you bring up Device Manager, what video card does it think you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rozza
    oops didnt mean to click answered but is a nvidia geforce gtx 970 is that what you mean?
  • Rozza
    it says generic non pnp monitor but when i go to update the drive it says best driver is already intalled.
  • billsey
    The PNP monitor is normal, the system reads the supported resolutions through the PNP interface. If Device Manager says you are using a GTX 970 it should be working fine, if Device Manager says you are using the Basic VGA Adapter then that is what the problem is. Make sure the GTX drivers have been installed, then in Device Manager delete the Basic adapter and rescan the hardware so it finds the GTX.