Acer Aspire 3 laptop keyboard

Options
Nverstop
Nverstop Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
How do I access the right hand side symbols on keys that have four symbols? I can't find it in the manual. In particular, I want to use the straight up and down line on the key under the Esc key. Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It depends on which language your keyboard is setup for. My keyboards don't have those extra symbols on them, but mine is in English US. Try Alt-Fn-key, Ctrl-Fn-key and Shift-Fn-key to see if any produce what you expect.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nverstop

Tinkerer

Options
    I have an English US keyboard as well. Tried all your suggestions. They do not work. So frustrating!
  • billsey
    Options
    So I would expect the tilde (~) key would give a backtick (`) when pressed, a tilde when shift pressed, a hash mark (#) when alt pressed and the vertical bar (|) when shift alt pressed. Which language is it supposed to be set for? It looks like a modified French layout...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nverstop

Tinkerer

Options
    Didn't work. I guess I will need to contact Acer support and see what's up.
  • billsey
    Options
    Which language was the laptop setup for at the factory, and which language do you have selected for Windows? If they don't match the keys may not match either.
  • Mike1972
    Mike1972 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi. I have just bought a Acer Swift 3 laptop, the language settings are Uk, dies anyone know how to key in the @ symbol, I cannot seem to make it work. Thank you, Mike
  • billsey
    Options
    On most UK keyboards the ‘@’ symbol is two keys to the right of the L. Unshifted is the apostrophe, shifted is the ‘@’.
  • sethmitha
    sethmitha Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    my keyboard isnt working on acer aspire 3 laptop .what to do
  • Dreweak
    Dreweak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    How do I access symbols on keys that have four symbols?  Thanks......