Recovery

Options
Bmud
Bmud Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Tried to recover sons laptop. Got usb tool from acer. Only goes to 70 %and stops. Also gets pop up. Failed to copy d data

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the notebook model? Example an515-51-75kz. Are you trying to recover owindows by pressing alt + f10?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    E5... tried that. It came as no bootable drive..obviously I unplugged usb before I trid
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the notebook model? Example an515-51-75kz. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    E5-532-PAYC
    Model no N15Q1
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! What I would like to know, is if you have already tried this procedure?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    No..icouldntget this menu up. When I did atl f10..all I got was no bootable drive.
  • Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry.. it says no bootable device
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you activate d2drecovery in the bios and did not format the hard drive?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    I followed the instructions on the recovery usb...did not mention anything about reformatting. 
  • Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    Is there a way to correct this..different setting in the bios...thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Enter the bios and leave the notebook for 15 minutes and then press f10 to save and exit.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    When you say bios do you mean the f2 selections or the usb? Forgive my ignorance I am somewhat new to this
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Press f2 before logo acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    Okay it in the f2 menu about 5 mins left. Was I suppose to leave the restore usb in for this?? Like I said..I am new to this
  • Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    Okay the 15 mins are over. Its restarting. I removed the usb..not sure if its needed in yet. Please advise next step
  • Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    Restart came up as no bootable device
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggested what acer said on this topic in Portuguese: https://br.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33068
    Since it didn't work, you should download the microsoft iso here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bmud

Tinkerer

Options
    So I downloaded the microsoft iso. Put it on a fat32 formatted usb. Plugged into laptop. Laptopwont read it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You should convert the usb stick to gpt like this:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign
    Then, extract the iso x64 to the usb stick.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer