Hard Drive Replacement For C24-865 - Upgrade To SSD

DeeAnand
DeeAnand Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Looks like the factory hard drive has died on my C24-865. Specs below:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-aspire-c-24-all-in-one-pc-silver-intel-core-ci3-8130u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-10/12642268

Machine has been freezing for a while, now it won't boot up at all, and I can't install Win10 on the partition. All kinds of errors. Looking to replace the hard drive, and want to confirm this one will fit as is? No kits and no issues?

https://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-500GB-Barracuda-Internal-STGS500401/dp/B07CYYGTJ7

I believe that this SSD will replace the current HDD. And that I don't need to go with an M2 model. But want to confirm.

Thanks!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning DeeAnand !

Yes, the SSD you report is perfectly compatible with your computer.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DeeAnand
    DeeAnand Member Posts: 2 New User
    Awesome. Thanks. And all I need to do is open up the case, uninstall the old HDD, install the new SSD and then boot off of the USB I created with the Win10 Media Creation Tool?

Will I need a license key? Not sure where that is.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Basically that's right ... the key is recorded in Bios and will be recognized automatically.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!