Acer A315-55G heat Cpu and thermal throttling

Fyeratanye
Fyeratanye Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hy 
I have a laptop Acer Aspire 315-55G i3 10110u procesor and mx230 video.
i have heat issue , whan i play game cpu go to over 85 degrese , and cpu Ghz drop to 2,1 from 3,68
i have all latest drivers ,bios is latest ,cooling pad but is stell heating
The laptop i buth about 2 weecks ago.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Fyeratanye !

Due to the maximum temperatures shown, not the basis for thermal throttling.

Do you use an external mouse and keyboard?
    Do you use a cooling base with an active cooler?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Fyeratanye

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    Good morning to you,
    yes i use external keybord and mouse and i have coolling pad with active cooling
    When i tested i not use the mause and external keyboard.
    I wondering is a problem with the product or thermal paste is not properly good.

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    There is no way to state any of the issues with having access to a device.
    What is the Windows 10 release version?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Fyeratanye

Tinkerer

and bios is v1.16
  • Fyeratanye

Tinkerer

i update the bios v.1.17
  • Lacajoe
    Lacajoe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello guys. Just wounder if there is any Solution. I have the same problem with same cpu.
    I know its drops Back from maximum speed to be able maintain the overheat. From first turning off, i already hade 70c and under pressure its going up to 85 c.
    Brand New machine. Hopeing its only  the paste, but have a funny feeling about the quality. Its not 2000 anymore and its not AMD!! To overheat like this. Any Solution please? 
  • Ruzbeh
    Ruzbeh Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue. When using the PC everything is ok, it does heat up when you use more powerful programs but unless you use it for 4K videoediting it will not show problems. The main issue is when playing videogames. Even if the laptop is not designed for playing, the characteristics allow to perform games such as hitman, starcraft 2, even starcraft 3, but all with low quality texture and not in FHD. So the first solution is to lower the quality of textures and resolutions to the minimum. The second solution is to set the NVIDIA control panel of the program/game which is creating the worst conditions by changing the options to "maximum performance" instead of "maximum quality". This will not create too much heat in the bottom left part of the laptop. The third solution is to use a cooling base with 5 turbines, making sure that the air inlet of the PC is placed at on of the fans. Unfortunately the heat sink and the fan of the PC is not enough which is a pitty as the cost for acer to solve this issue would have been few $ and I could be happy paying 10$ more for a much better thermal outcome. I will try to see if I can change the dissipation but until now I did not find any solution.