Swift 3 Laptop - dual monitor setup

Dsmet24
Dsmet24 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi there, just purchased a Swift 3 Laptop - SF314-55G-50PM and two Acer ET241Y 24" monitors. I was ready to order a USB C docking station with two HDMI ports. But finding that might be an issue?  

What is the easiest and least expensive way to have this dual monitor set up? Ideally I just want to plug one thing in as the laptop will be going back and forth to work. 

Thanks! 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night Dsmet24 !

These are the specifications for the USB Type C port of this series:

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Dsmet24
    Dsmet24 Member Posts: 2 New User
    MaClane said:
    Good night Dsmet24 !

These are the specifications for the USB Type C port of this series:

Thanks for the reply. How do I use this information in selecting a product such as a docking station that will be compatible with this particular laptop? I am an amateur at this having never used any external monitors in the past. For example, I was ready to buy this then did some research and it doesn't look compatible.   

QgeeM USB C Docking Station, 9-in-1 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082D17FWX/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_vl9KEbYHT1MWA
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,789 Trailblazer
    Yeah, that doesn't help much if you need to connect two external monitors, since the specs just say you can connect a single external directly through the USB-C in DP mode. A docking station that a lot of people seem to be having success with is the Dell Universal Dock - D6000. It supports multiple monitors off a single USB-C port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.