Swift 3 (SF314-51-52W2) battery replacement

Options
fox2eagle1
fox2eagle1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am having a hard time finding the right battery replacement for my Swift 3 (SF314-51-52W2). Does anyone know a good place to buy and the exact part number? I know it is the AC14B3K (4ICP5/57/80) 15.2 V 3220mAh.

Thank you,

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,378 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There are three batteries that ship with your system, each the same but from different manufacturers or with slightly different labeling. They are (Acer part numbers):
    • KT.00403.032
    • KT.00403.040
    • KT.0040G.006
    The 403s are both Sanyo, but with different labeling, the 40G is from LGC. See if those numbers help you find an exact replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There are three batteries that ship with your system, each the same but from different manufacturers or with slightly different labeling. They are (Acer part numbers):
    • KT.00403.032
    • KT.00403.040
    • KT.0040G.006
    The 403s are both Sanyo, but with different labeling, the 40G is from LGC. See if those numbers help you find an exact replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • fox2eagle1
    Options
    billsey said:
    • KT.00403.032
    • KT.00403.040
    • KT.0040G.006
    Thanks billsey! I was able to find KT.00403.040 on ebay
  • billsey
    Options
    Sweet, let us know how well it works and fits. I expect it will be fine, but if not that would be a good warning to watch out for.
  • fox2eagle1
    Options
    Good news! I received the battery today and it is a perfect match.
    Installation was pretty easy, there was a little black cover over the power connector that I had to peel back to remove the old battery.

Here are pictures of the old and new batteries:

The reason I needed a new battery for my Swift 3 was that the old battery wear was at 30% and I was barely getting a few hours before it depleted from 100% - 0%. The new battery came with a 0% charge and about 6% wear. The projected battery life is back to what it was when I bought the laptop at around 7-8 hrs.

I bought it on eBay, matching the Acer part number of KT.00403.040. The listing has since ended, but here is the vendor that sold me the battery:
    https://www.impactcomputers.com/kt.00403.040.html

I had previously purchased a battery trying to use the AC14B3K number, but that one ended up not fitting and I received a refund because it did not match the item description in the listing. 

I hope this helps the next person and happy to have my 2016 laptop back to normal.
  • billsey
    Options
    Good news! Thanks for letting us know. :)