Can’t Insert SD Card ??? I have an acer aspire ES 15

HollyP333
HollyP333 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an acer aspire ES 15 which has an SD card slot but it seems that the card only goes half way in the slot (not sure if this is normal) it also doesn’t really “click” in like other laptops I’ve had. When I have the SD card in as far as it can go without forcing it, it doesn’t come up in the devices and drives and I’m really confused on what could be going wrong. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,813 Trailblazer
    The slot usually has a dummy dust card that must first be gently pushed in and then springs out. Did you perhaps try to insert the SD card while the dust card was still in place? Check inside the slot with a flashlight to make sure pieces of plastic from the dummy card might be jammed in there. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HollyP333
    There doesn’t seem to be anything in the slot, no. 
  • HollyP333
    This is as far as the SD card will go in, is this normal? 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,813 Trailblazer
    Seems about right for a fullsize SDXC card. It should, however, not be able to be easily pulled out unless you push it in slightly first. In other words, when you push it in and release, It should pop out as if spring loaded. Is this how it behaves? Also is there any labels on your machine that have SDXC SDHC  or SD imprinted on them? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• logomage
    logomage Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did you find an answer? - I am having exactly the same problem with my Acer ES1-132 netbook.