After the update in january 2020 on my R11the tablet mode and auto rotate does no longer work

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: CB5-132T-C32M) Chromebook R11 - Tablet/Pad mode keyboard issues.

Answers

• BSSS
    BSSS Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    After the update in january 2020 on my R11the tablet mode and auto rotate does no longer work. Just installed the latest Version 81.0.4044.94 (Officiel version) (64-bit) still doesn't work. I've tried the different suggestions, except power wash, and nothing works. As it obviously is related to an update, I would very much appriciate a solution for this problem. I can see that several users has similar problems, how about a fix to this!!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    IIRC Google has made a lot of user interface changes in 81. Have you checked with their support boards to see if they know of the issue?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BSSS
    BSSS Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

They know the issue, as fare as I can see. But I can't find any solutions for this problem just links refering to similar problems.
  • silkedann
    silkedann Member Posts: 4 New User
    We are here in May 2020. Has this been solved? I am not able to auto rotate or even find auto rotate or tablet mode or orientation in the ACER R11 Guide. Please advise.
  • pkw
    pkw Member Posts: 69 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Not fixed yet, but it's being worked on.
  • ptunia
    ptunia Member Posts: 7 New User
    just updated to vs, 85...now I can't rotate either in September 2020.
  • Agent511
    Agent511 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have CB5-312T Chromebook and it has had on and off issues with autorotate since new.  After a recent update, it no longer rotates. In fact, the setting for turning on and off autorotate has disappeared.  As if it isn't a convertible tablet.