Error 'The version of ROM file is not newer than that of BIOS' while upgrading BIOS(swift3)

Options
kumaramitrana
kumaramitrana Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Error 'The version of ROM file is not newer than that of BIOS' while upgrading BIOS(swift3)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which Swift 3 do you have? What BIOS version is installed? Why are you trying to update the BIOS? Which version are you trying to update to?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kumaramitrana
    kumaramitrana Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    swift 3 (sf315-41-r9s1) ryzen 5 vega 8. It has bios version v1.04.  i am trying to version 1.04 then 2.03 then 2.11 then 2.12 as these bios update are released by acer itself for my device.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    So skip the first one and go directly to 2.12. I'm guessing yours shipped with a slightly newer one than what they have on the support site. There's no need to do BIOS updates incrementally here. Let us k now how it works...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Options
    swift 3 (sf315-41-r9s1) ryzen 5 vega 8. It has bios version v1.04.  i am trying to version 1.04 then 2.03 then 2.11 then 2.12 as these bios update are released by acer itself for my device.
    Which BIOS version do you have? Is it the 1.04 and you are getting "Error 'The version of ROM file is not newer than that of BIOS' while upgrading BIOS (swift3)" when updating to which version? As that is impossible! Is that correct?

Note: doing an incremental updates of BIOS's is not necessary, you should update e.g. v1.04 to v2.12 directly or to the latest BIOS version directly, that is why you are getting this message of "Error 'The version of ROM file is not newer than that of BIOS' while upgrading BIOS (swift3)", what is the BIOS that you are trying to update from? e.g. is it from 1.04 to 2.03 or from v2.03 to v2.11, if it is then stop, go directly and update to latest BIOS v2.12 and try that, as you won't get that error anymore.

"Be careful as upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"

Btw: t
    he latest BIOS on your Swift SF-3150-41 is the "Revises capsule update and touchpad configuration" dated 2019/01/02 version 2.12