Earbuds and laptop sound playing at the same time

MarcPaldino
MarcPaldino Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire 7741G with Windows Seven x64 on it.
My earbuds and my laptop's sound decided to play at the same time and it's driving me crazy. I can't say for sure what created this problem as I always put my earbuds before plugging them in and one week went before I noticed my PC was playing the sound too... -__-
I think it might be a Windows update as I decided to install the last ones before they stopped the service.

Anyway, if I update my Realtek High Definition Audio driver, my earbuds are not working anymore. Windows uses version 6.1.7601.24519. I tried various other ones like 6.0.1.8454 or 6.0.1.8036. Only 6.0.1.6000 which was coming with my laptop at least makes the earbuds work.

I think it might be because of the High definition audio controller because it was also updated in my back as the driver is from 2016 when this laptop is at least ten years old. I want to downgrade them to see if I am right but I don't know what to use because I don't think such drivers were provided. I can't uninstall them without ###### windows reinstalling them automatically.
The default drivers for this Aspire can be found here > https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/2114?b=1

The identification numbers for the High definition audio controller are:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B56&SUBSYS_037E1025&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B56&SUBSYS_037E1025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B56&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B56&CC_0403

It's just an intuition but maybe I am wrong.

Also, my earbuds and headphones, etc, are not listed in the playing and recording devices. I read about tweaking some stuff inside the Realtek HD Audio Manager but mine is incomplete as I don't have Advanced Settings.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>>Also, my earbuds and headphones, etc, are not listed in the playing and recording devices.>>>
    Does this mean when you right click and select playback devices on the speaker tray icon without the earbuds plug in, you don't see speakers? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MarcPaldino
    MarcPaldino Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2020
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, I can see my speakers/HDMI Output/microphone/Stereo mix, but not any earphones/earbuds/headphones I plug in.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>>My earbuds and my laptop's sound decided to play at the same time>>>

Well then, what happens when you leave the playback devices box open, & then plug the earbuds in? If nothing, try to jiggle, push from side to side or otherwise adjust the buds plug in the jack. I think the buds  plug rings are no longer making good contact with the jack's internal contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ