Resolutions - HDMI

SeanMcG
SeanMcG Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
Hi - I have an Ace Aspire laptop with Intel UHD 620 graphics, and NVIDIA GeForce. Sadly I've realized that Intel handles all display settings minus 3D. So my question is now, I have my laptop connected to my CRT television, using an HDMI to RCA converter, and it works fine, but I want to broadcast at 800x600 resolution, not the current 1080. Is there a way to do that?  It looks like no, because it recognizes my TV as 720x480 but when I go back and try and send a resolution lower than 1080 it is grayed and it is stuck at the recommended 1080. Thanks, I'll have to return the laptop if I can't get this resolved.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    It depends on how you are putting the data out on the external monitor. If you are mirroring the desktop you'll see that, if you extend the desktop you should be able to run the external monitor at a different resolution than the laptop screen. The NTSC or PAL format your TV supports isn't going to be 800x600 though, unless it's got some sort of decent overscan handling, and that old of a TV is most likely going to require 720x480 max.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.